In order to participate in the Tour of the Towns -- Tour of Prince William, all participants must agree to the Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement, and agree to abide by the "Rider Behavior Policy." Both are provided below.
In order to participate in the "Tour of the Towns--Tour of Prince William," you must agree to the Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement. If you do not agree, you may not participate.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT”):
In consideration for being permitted to participate in the “Tour of the Towns-Tour of Prince William,” (“TOUR”) an event sponsored by the Prince William Trails and Streams Coalition, I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of bicycling activities and that I am qualified to participate in the Tour. I further acknowledge that the Tour will take place over public roads and facilities open to the public and upon which the hazards of traveling are to be expected. I further agree and warrant that if at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation.
2. UNDERSTAND that all participants are required to wear BICYCLING HELMETS, and I agree to wear a bicycle helmet while riding a bicycle as part of any event connected with the Tour.
3. FULLY UNDERSTAND that (a) BICYCLING ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS and DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS AND DEATH ("RISKS”); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own action, or inactions, the actions or inactions of other participants, the conditions in which the Tour takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEE” NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be OTHER RISKS AND SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation in the Activity.
4. HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS Prince William Trails and Streams Coalition, Marince Corps Base Quantico, Prince William Forest Park, and all three organizations' administrators, officers, volunteers, staff, agents and employees; other participants; and any other sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Tour takes place (the "RELEASEES” referred to herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES” OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS.
5. I GIVE Prince William Trails and Streams Coalition UNRESTRICTED PERMISSION to use and/or publish pictures of me for promotional purposes. I hereby wave any right that I may have to inspect and approve the finished product or copy that may be used in connection with an image that the photographer has taken of me or the use to which it may be applied. I further release Prince William Trails and Streams Coalition from any claims for remuneration associated with any form of damage, foreseen or unforeseen, associated with the proper commercial or artistic use of images.
6. I UNDERSTAND that my registration information will be used by Prince William Trails and Streams Coalition for e-mail and/or mail communication relating to Prince William Trails and Streams Coalition activities.
I have read this agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by agreeing to it and have freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature, and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid that the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.
Tour of the Towns -- Tour of Prince William
Rider Behavior Policy
Everyone who participates in the Tour of the Towns - Tour of Prince William is expected to adhere to the rules of conduct outlined below.
1. Riders must obey all Virginia traffic laws.
2. Riders are expected to ride in single-file at all times to the far right side of the road, path, or sidewalk, except when no traffic is in sight and when riding abreast can be done safely without inconveniencing pedestrians, vehicles, or other riders.
3. Riders are asked to take all reasonable measures to avoid impeding vehicular and pedestrian traffic along the route, and to use appropriate hand signals to identify their intent to others.
4. Riders are asked to please recognize that they are using public thoroughfares, including those that pass through residential neighborhoods, and that they should strive to be courteous and considerate at all times.
5. Riders will be passing through a Marine Corps Base and a State Park, and consequently should have a photo ID on their person at all times, recognize and cooperate in any instructions given by base and/or park personnel, and be mindful of the fact that both entities have opened their facilities to us for the ride out of courtesy and a desire to support the surrounding community.
6. Riders are encouraged to recognize in an appropriate manner the support of courteous pedestrians and drivers along the route (e.g. wave, nod of the head, etc.).
Copyright 2016, Prince William Trails and Streams Coaltion. All rights reserved.
This event is not an official Government event, nor is it endorsed or sponsored by the United States Marine Corps, Marine Corps Base Quantico, or Marine Corps Community Services, Quantico.